We are sorry you have found it necessary to report a claim. Schroeder Moving Systems attempts to settle all claims in an equitable and timely manner. We appreciate your cooperation in filling out the form. All claims must be filed within 30 days from delivery. Upon receipt of the form, a file will be established and assigned to an adjuster. You should receive an email within 48 hours to acknowledge receipt of the claim. General Instructions:
- Do not repair, replace or discard any item until directed by claims. These items must be available for inspections.
- Time limit for filing a local claim is 30 days from the date of delivery.
- Transportation charges must be paid prior to claim settlement.
Steps Required upon Filing a Claim
- Attach photos of the damaged items – photos may expedite your claim and eliminate the need for a physical inspection
- Retain items for inspection including all packing materials – damaged items must be made available in the event of a physical inspection
- All claims must be filed within 30 days from the delivery date. Claims received after the 30 day claim filing deadline cannot be accepted. The 30 day claim filing deadline does not apply to government, military, and certain national account contracts
- Complete all unpacking and examine all items before submitting your claim
- To prevent delays, please complete all fields for each item:
- Provide Inventory numbers
- Give a brief description of each item (make and model number/s if applicable)
- Describe the extent, location, and nature of damage
- If the claimed item is missing, enter ‘missing’
- Indicate the item’s replacement cost for same or like-kind item
- Enter the amount you are claiming in the settlement field – without this amount the claim form will be considered incomplete
- If the claimed item was packed, please choose whether the carton was damaged by selecting Yes or No in the appropriate field
- Attach PHOTOS of the damaged items
- Please DO NOT discard items or have any items repaired -items that are not available in the event a physical inspection is required may not be considered
- Please ensure your transportation charges have been paid in full – the carrier cannot settle a claim until all charges have been paid