Moving Reminders Checklist
Six to Eight Weeks Before Moving Day
Working with Schroeder Moving Systems, United Van Lines:
- Contact your Schroeder Moving Systems, United Van Lines move counselor by phone or by email.
- Plan to spend 20 to 40 minutes during the initial call with your
Schroeder move counselor. This important call will enable your counselor
to understand the size and scope of your move, and to identify services
that will be required.
- Following completion of the initial call, your Schroeder counselor will contact a
United Van Lines partner agent in your area to arrange for a visual survey of your
- Show the local agent everything that is going to be moved. The local representative
is acting on behalf of Schroeder as “our eyes only”.
- The local representative is not responsible for or familiar with your corporate
policies. Please contact your Schroeder move counselor with any questions about your move.
- A few days after completion of the visual survey, your Schroeder counselor will
contact you to review the survey results and to discuss a timetable for your move.
- Refer to your corporate moving policy to determine the services that Schroeder
Moving Systems will be authorized to perform.
- Contact your Schroeder counselor with any and all questions regarding the move process.
- Your Schroeder counselor, not the local moving company representative, is your main point of contact and your single source of information about your move, including scheduling dates and services.
- Keep your Schroeder counselor’s contact information handy throughout the move process.
- Phone: ____________________________________
- Email: _____________________________________
- Discuss liability coverage with your Schroeder counselor and determine a total value of your shipment at least 72 hours prior to load day.
- Start a file for all your moving paperwork.
Notes / Reminders / Questions: